We at Purple Heart Health Care are aware of the profound benefits that socialization and companionship may have on the mental health and well-being of the aging population. Engaging in conversation with people and developing relationships with friends, relatives, and neighbors can help alleviate symptoms of depression, lessen feelings of elderly isolation and loneliness, and even lower the risk of developing dementia. Our caregivers provide your loved one with more than just assistance around the house or help in the kitchen. They also provide them with a friend who offers social connection and a companion who can assist them in getting back to doing the things that bring them joy.
Companionship, also known as companion care, is a type of
care that gives emotional support, camaraderie, and socializing. The following are examples of common companion care activities in the home:
• Mental stimulation such as playing games, listening to music, dancing, drawing pictures, doing puzzles, and many other hobbies.
• Preparing meals and spending time together over breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
• Light exercise, such as going for a stroll or spending time outside
• Light housekeeping and laundry
• Shopping for groceries and running errands
• Getting to and from appointments and social gatherings
• Personal hygiene and grooming reminders
• Reminders to take medications
Purple Heart prioritizes activities that offer joy, stimulate the mind, and promote physical and emotional well-being. Our caregivers frequently communicate with a client’s loved ones to update them on their progress, answer questions, and check-in by offering companion care. Contact us below to discuss how we can assist you!
Family/Veteran owned Home Health Care company servicing Brevard, Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties. We don’t just provide a service, we provide a friendship!
© Copyright 2022 l Purple Heart Health Care, LLC | License # 299995035